Social icons

Friday, March 4, 2016

My Mums' Beauty Essentials & Luxury Alternatives For Mothers Day!


For those of you in the UK, this Sunday is the day where we treat our mums like absolute princesses (even though we should everyday) a.k.a Mothers Day! 

So today I'm going to give you a sneak peak inside my mums makeup bag to show you some of her beauty essentials while also sharing some luxury alternatives from the new beauty range at Farfetch! Perfect for if you're stuck for some last minute presents for Mothers Day...Or if you just want to get your hands on some luxury products for yourself! (Psssst, they even do same day delivery if you order before 11am local time, perfect for if you're anything like me and leave literally everything and anything to the last minute!)

LIPS





















When I was a kid my mother used to smother me in vaseline when I had dry skin, so you could understand my confusion when I realised it could be used as a lip product too... My mum swears by vaseline as she doesn't like to tint her lips however loves to keep them hydrated! But as you can see, her little tins of wonder have started to become a little battered, so the Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil is the perfect luxury alternative! Containing 10 plant oils and 4 vitamins with active ingredients I can guarantee her lips will be hydrated for ages!  







Hourglass Lip Treatment Oil


32 GBP // 33.84 EUR




EYES


The amount of times in the day I see my mum looking in the mirror and hear her going "oh I look old" and "oh my skin's starting to sag", no surprise this Dr Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Eye Perfecter is one of her essentials. So I could never go wrong with buying her some luxury eye cream. This Rodal Dragon's Blood Eye Gel (yes I did just say dragon's blood, pretty fucking fancy right?) instantly cools, refreshes and de-puffs tired eyes. With this she'd have no excuse to complain!





Rodial Dragon's Blood Eye Gel.

45 GBP // 61.64 EUR








CONCEALER


While mum's waiting for the dragon's blood eye cream to work its magic (I can't get enough of saying dragon's blood), she will be relying on concealer to cover her under-eye bags (sorry mum, you say it..) 
My mum finds concealer as an all round essential for any makeup bag as it can hide spots, conceal eyes and hide any other little imperfections you wish to get rid of. But I swear she's had this 2true 3-in-1 concealer for around 2 and a half years. Time for a new one? Yeah, I think so too... These Cover Fx Custom Cover Drops come in basically every single shade you could think of on the Farfetch website, extremely handy for if you want an 100% correct match! They're also great for mixing with other products such as moisturisers, serums, oils, primer, foundations and tinted moisturisers for your preferred consistency.








Cover Fx Custom Cover Drops.

36 GBP // 49.31 EUR






EXFOLIATION


"Exfoliation is crucial for a youthful look" - My Mum.
It is important to scrub away those dead skin cells twice a week to reduce clogged pores and to let your healthy new skin to shine through! Lately my mum has been using the Simple Kind To Skin Smoothing Facial Scrub. As much as I love this brand, I believe you should mix up your facial washes and scrubs as much as you can so your skin doesn't get used to one type of formula. And let's face it (pardon the crappy pun), we'd all feel like BeyoncĂ© after using a luxury facial scrub, don't deny it, and the Sarah Chapman Ultimate Cleanser with an oil-rich soufflĂ© balm (fancy, fancy) will definitely make us want to search for our inner 'Yonce. 






Sarah Chapman Ultimate Cleanser

40 GBP // 57.79 EUR











EYESHADOW


Now, I've got to give it to my mum for being on top of her eyeshadow game with the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, but they are pretty matte, daytime colours. To add a pop of shimmy colour for when she goes out for meals with her friends or to parties (yes, I'm being completely serious, my mother has a better social life than me), the Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette is perfect! Farfetch offer many different versions of this palette on their website, but my favourite by far is the Infinity Palette with its seamless colour transitions, I mean, just look at it!! 

Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette (above: Infinity)
56 GBP // 76.70 EUR


HAIR


Now hair can either make you or break you, as harsh as it sounds. With the amount of hair products my mum owns, it wouldn't hurt her to have some more! I'm going to end this post with a cheaper yet still amazing hair product that Farfetch offer: Percy and Reed Supersized Bodifying Treatment Cream  FOR ONLY 14 POUNDS!
This treatment adds body and life to your hair along with its elderflower extract giving a gorgeously glossy, shiny finish. I think I might buy myself some, never mind my mum…hehe!








Percy and Reed Supersized Bodifying Treatment Cream

14 GBP // 19.18 EUR







HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! And remember you should treat and appreciate your mum everyday, not just one day of the year! She treats and appreciates you all the time and theres not child's day...even though there should be;-)

Have you ever tried any of these products before?
Cloe xox

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.